The purpose of Shared Education is to:
- deliver educational benefits to children and to young people;
- promote the efficient and effective use of resources;
- promote equality of opportunity;
- promote good relations; and
- promote respect for identity, diversity and community cohesion.
- At St. Mary's we are involved in Shared Education classes with Brookeborough CPS each Wednesday morning from 9.30am - 12 noon for 6 weeks per term. These sessions provide opportunities for the children from both schools to work together on core areas of the curriculum including Numeracy, Literacy, Science and PDMU (using the PATHS programme). The children also work together on areas such as Drama and some school trips etc.