DENI circular 2007/01 states:
“Used well, digital technologies are powerful, worthwhile educational tools ”
Pupils have the opportunity to explore and interact with Information and Communication Technology across the curriculum to enrich their learning experiences.
It is our intention that
Develop a sense of confidence, achievement and enjoyment in using ICT
- Acquire a range of ICT skills and competences and have opportunities to apply these across a broad range of areas of learning.
- Have opportunities to develop as independent learners and collaborative workers.
- Have equal access to ICT resources taking account of inclusion.
- Be encouraged to use ICT to extend their learning beyond the school environment
- Have access to a safe learning environment, where they can develop skills of using ICT safely and responsibly.